Hi guys and welcome to 123 my IT’s video on how to create an MacOS Sierra Install USB.
Ok guys recently I did a video on how to download Mac OS Sierra and to see that video you can find it on the following link. How to download Mac OS Sierra.
That video shows you how to download this app and now the next step is to show you how to actually create a MacOS Sierra Install USB from this app. So the USB thumb drive has to be a minimum of 8 gigabytes in size for you install the OS X Sierra software on the USB and then you can do a fresh install of Mac OS Sierra from this use to any Mac.
Lets for example say you wanted to sell your old Mac or you had a problem with your Mac like you had a virus on there any need to do a fresh install. You can use this USB to format the Mac and install a fresh copy of OS X.
So the first step you will need to do is format the USB and you can do this by plugging your USB thumb drive and then go to go in the Apple menu and then go down to disk utilities.
Click on the USB that you want to format and make sure it’s set to Mac OS X extended journaled and keep it as untitled for now you can change this around but if you change this around you have to actually change the untitled part in the code there so let’s just leave it as untitled for now.
Make sure you have no important data on the USB because the next step will delete any data that was on the USB.
Once you have done this just click erase and then erase again. The USB will disappear and it will start to format the USB.
The next step is to download the install disc creator app you can get the install disc creator app from the 123myIT.com website, under downloads or simply click the link here.
Open up the install disc creator you will need to select the untitled USB from the drop-down menu. Make sure the OS X Sierra app is selected below then click create installer button. You may be prompted for a password this will be the administrator password type in the password and then click ok. This process can take about 5 to 10 minutes depending on the speed of your Mac.
To do this same process with the terminal code copy the terminal code below then open up a terminal Window by going to finder and then type terminal and then hit return.
Simply right click and paste the command into the terminal window, press return again and you will be prompted for your administrator password type in your administrator password.
if successful you should see the terminal window start to erase the USB and copying installer files to the disc. Once this is done you should be able to then use the USB to do a clean install of any Mac.
I hope that helps guys ! 🙂
This is my latest video on how to clone OS X Mountain Lion and Lion by using an app called Carbon Copy Cloner.
The direct download links for Carbon Copy Cloner are listed on under my Downloads section which can be found here.
The are many benefits to using this method, but the main reason to use this is to allow you clone the same copy of OS X Mountain Lion or Lion, including all your applications and settings from one PC to another PC. So lets say you are in a work place environment and you have 10 laptops to install apps and wifi settings, rather than installing one at a time, you can create one master image and take a copy of that on your USB drive then clone that image onto all your other laptops.
There are some buts to doing this, you can only close software to the PC that’s can load and runs that version of OS X. For example you cannot clone a copy of Mountain Lion and expect it to run on an old Tiger laptop or one first Intel model Macs.
In the video I have show you a trial version of the software, however if you are using the software for work use I would suggest you buy a copy at $39.95 its a bargain!! And it helps the developer make better software.
Give it a try!
Good luck and have fun.
OSX has a Recovery function built in which allows you to repair disks or reinstall OS X without a DVD/ CD Rom. Some
of the new models such as the Macbook Air don’t have a DVD player. So how can you reinstall OS X without a DVD drive???
With the OS X Recovery Disk Assistant on a USB or external drive you can format the Macs hard drive and reinstall Lion or Mountain Lion. You can also repair the disk using Disk Utility, restore a backup from Time Machine or simply browse the internet with Safari.
This video is a step by step guide on how to install Windows 7 on an Apple Mac Book Pro running OSX and bootcamp.
1. Log into your Macbook Pro.
2. Open up finder and in the spotlight bar type: bootcamp.
3. Select bootcamp from the menu.
4. On the introduction screen click continue.
5. Make sure that the download the latest support software from Apple option is ticked. If you already have a Windows partition installed you will have an option called Remove Windows 7. If you dont already have Windows installed you will have an option called Install Windows 7. Make sure you tick install Windows 7.
6. Have your 1GB USB key handy to download the Windows Support Software from Apple.
7. Now you can choose to save a copy of the Windows support software to DVD or USB. I prefer USB.
8. Select save a copy to an external drive. You can run this software after Windows have been installed.
9. The Windows support software will download to the USB.
10. At the create a partition for Windows screen you can make the partition as big as you want. However press divide equally so you will have a shared amount of space on both drives.
11. In-cert your Windows 7 DVD and click install.
12. Boot camp will start to Partition the drive.
13. Your Macbook will restart.
14. Windows is loading files screen.
15. At the Windows 7 install screen select your Language, time and currency format and Keyboard and input methods. Click next.
16. Click install now.
17. Accept the licence terms and agreements and click next.
18. Click on custom menu.
19. Select your bootcamp partition and click drive options. Hit Delete then click Ok.
20. Select the partition again and click on New, Apply and Next. And Vista will start to install.
21. The Mac will restart.
22. Setup your new Windows 7 profile and you are done.
This video is a tutorial on how to create a bootable osx mountain lion USB drive. This step by step guide will show you how to download and extract the mountain lion files and install them to a USB drive so then you can boot into that usb drive and install OSX on a mac.