WARNING: Malware has been added to the IMG Burn software. This is out of the control of 123myIT.com. So please don’t use this software any more. If you still need to burn an ISO file please see the new video here. Burn ISO files to DVD Windows Bootable
This video will show you How to Burn an ISO to DVD Windows Bootable.
If you want to see how to burn an ISO file on a Mac click here.
This video will show you how to create a bootable Windows 7 8 USB on a Mac.
You can use the bootcamp assistant to create a bootable Windows 7 8 USB on a Mac. However the option may not be highlighted in your bootcamp assistant.
To make the option appear you can try the following steps.
Step 1. Click on Go then Utilities. Find the Bootcamp assistant, right click on it and go to Show package contents and then go into the contents folder.
Step 2.Copy the info.plist file to the desktop and make a backup copy of it and open it.
Step 3. Find the line which says PreUSBbootsupportmodels and remove the Pre from the line. Try running the bootcamp assistant again and this time you should have the Create a Windows 7 or later install disc option.
Step 4 Copy the info.plist back to the contents directory. And start the bootcamp assistant again and see if the Create Bootable USB Drive for Windows installation comes up. If not try this next step.
Step 5 Change the USBbootsupportedmodels in the info.plist file.
You can find the model on the Mac that you are using by going into the Apple menu then click on About This Mac and then click on More info. Next click on System report and under Hardware Overview look up Model Identifier.
In the example in the video my MacBook model was MacBook7,1.
In the info.plist file I had to change the USB supported models to my MacBook model so that I could create a Windows USB on a Mac.
Hope this works guys. Feel free to leave some feedback.
For more into you can check out Apples discussions page here.
This video is a step by step guide on how to install Windows 7 on an Apple Mac Book Pro running OSX and bootcamp.
1. Log into your Macbook Pro.
2. Open up finder and in the spotlight bar type: bootcamp.
3. Select bootcamp from the menu.
4. On the introduction screen click continue.
5. Make sure that the download the latest support software from Apple option is ticked. If you already have a Windows partition installed you will have an option called Remove Windows 7. If you dont already have Windows installed you will have an option called Install Windows 7. Make sure you tick install Windows 7.
6. Have your 1GB USB key handy to download the Windows Support Software from Apple.
7. Now you can choose to save a copy of the Windows support software to DVD or USB. I prefer USB.
8. Select save a copy to an external drive. You can run this software after Windows have been installed.
9. The Windows support software will download to the USB.
10. At the create a partition for Windows screen you can make the partition as big as you want. However press divide equally so you will have a shared amount of space on both drives.
11. In-cert your Windows 7 DVD and click install.
12. Boot camp will start to Partition the drive.
13. Your Macbook will restart.
14. Windows is loading files screen.
15. At the Windows 7 install screen select your Language, time and currency format and Keyboard and input methods. Click next.
16. Click install now.
17. Accept the licence terms and agreements and click next.
18. Click on custom menu.
19. Select your bootcamp partition and click drive options. Hit Delete then click Ok.
20. Select the partition again and click on New, Apply and Next. And Vista will start to install.
21. The Mac will restart.
22. Setup your new Windows 7 profile and you are done.
This video is a tutorial on how to create a bootable osx mountain lion USB drive. This step by step guide will show you how to download and extract the mountain lion files and install them to a USB drive so then you can boot into that usb drive and install OSX on a mac.